Friends of Padre, Inc. is a nonprofit organization dedicated to the conservation, preservation, and betterment of Padre Island and its inhabitants. Since its inception in 2008, the organization has donated over $48,000 to various projects. If you would like to become a Friend of Padre please donate. Thank You!
- 2014 Friends of Padre provided funding for the installation of this drinking fountain on the seawall parking lot on Mike Ellis Beach near South Packery.
- 2011—$10,000 donated to Friends of the Ark (Animal Rehabilitation Keep) in Port Aransas
- 2010—$2,500 donated to the National Park Service to purchase a beach wheelchair equipped with oversized tires to allow disabled persons access to the beach.
- 2009—$20,500 donated to the National Park Service for debris removal resulting from Hurricane Ike.
- 2008—$15,480 donated to Dr. Donna Shaver and the National Park Service for the Sea Turtle Science Recovery Program